1. Unless you are eloping, somewhere just the two of you, plan ahead. Although the idea of a last minute getaway in the sun with your hunny may be romantic, you have to consider the schedule of those you have invited to join you. Giving your guests time to prepare, save and book will ensure they enjoy the experience. Having extra time for planning also allows you to create your dream day without the stress of short timelines.
2. Do your research. Keep in mind weather tendencies, legalities, flight times (and availability), dietary needs and costs.
Be sure to source reputable vendors for that area; this can be a huge factor in making your day all that you envision. A team of industry professionals is great for providing all the information you need on a specific destination. A travel agent can do wonders on the location choice and travel specifics while a destination wedding planner can take care of all the event details so you can enjoy the time away!
3. Have a backup plan. A beach (or outdoor) ceremony or reception is amazing if the weather cooperates however depending on the location, mother nature can be very unpredictable. Make sure you have a firm backup plan with the venue and vendors.
4. Don’t forget the details. When guests are travelling abroad to join you, it is nice to show your appreciation. A welcome bbq, brunch or gift bag in their room will make your family and friends feel extra special.
5. Enjoy yourself! Take the opportunity to spend the extra quality time with your friends and family. A nice benefit of a destination wedding is that you will likely have more than just one day together; relax and celebrate!